Wednesday 8 August 2012

LUSTS OF THE DAY: A-MORIR

I have a slight fetish for sunglasses, apparently. I didn't choose it, it chose me. A quick look in to my 'top draw' (aka. draw of junk/jewels and sentimentals) reveals a staggering collection of sunglasses and glasses...ranging from the novelty to the everyday, that I've accidentally collected over years. Similarly, I seem to have a fetish for novelty t-shirts, but that's a different story. So, you can imagine my delight on discovering this range of sunglasses by A-MORIR. I'm a huge sucker for embellishment, kitsch and bad taste. Fortunatly they tick all boxes. Here are my favourites...



I mean really, could they get any better? No. And the above frames are pretty tame compared to some of the designs on offer. Each pair is made by hand, to order, with customisation options available. Therefore the hefty price tag of  around £250 a pair is justified...kind of.  A-Morir creator and designer Kerin Rose Weinberg says she's inspired by 'her time spent studying classical music as a child combined with her lifelong love of rock and roll'. Furthermore, Weinberg cites music from the 1920's, 1970's and the 1990's as inspiration for the spring/summer collection. Wow...I'm in love.

1) Bootsy ($275.00), 2) Dio ($350.00), 3) Cass ($400.00), 4) Simone ($350.00), 5) Lena ($320.00), 6) Betty ($280.00)

No comments:

Post a Comment